Monday, November 28, 2011

Just Desserts

I’m writing this post to for a single reason – to tell a joke.  There's no hidden meaning or personal life lesson in today's post.  Basically, it's total fluff.  I told this joke earlier today but I think it’s so good that more than three people deserve to hear it.  And really, we need more jokes especially in light of the sad demise of the Demi Moore-Ashton Kutcher marriage. 
Here’s the background to the setup of the joke.  A few years ago, I went to Cambridge, Massachusetts on a business trip with my supervisor.  While there, we discovered Finale Desserterie and Bakery.  It wasn’t exactly your mother’s bakery…it was an upscale restaurant that only served dessert, so, uh, it was a desserterie.  I’m actually not a huge dessert person but even I found something delicious to eat…and maybe to drink too.  I liked the place so much that I started thinking about opening my own dessert restaurant in the future and calling it “Just Desserts”.  I actually got some flack for the name but I think it’s a pretty cool name.  So does a bakery in San Francisco.  But that’s a story for another day… 
 Anyway, today, I had to ask my now former supervisor a question regarding that trip to Cambridge.  We reminisced about Finale and she explained to another colleague that two friends opened it after they graduated from Harvard Business School.  And I said to them, “You know what that makes them?”  (Get ready.  It’s a good one!)



Two smart cookies.
You’re laughing.  You know you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment