Thursday, December 1, 2011

What Happened to November?

It’s December 1st already?!  Where in the world did the November days go?  It seems like just yesterday I told you about my grand plans to do both NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo.  50,000 words for the former, 30 posts in 30 days for the latter.  How’d I do?
Well, obviously you can tell that I didn’t manage 30 posts in 30 days.  I had a pretty good run for the first nine days of the month and then I went back to my old sporadic ways.  But you should read all the posts in my head!  I swear, they’re really good. 
That brings me to the novel.  I didn’t hit 50,000 words…I’m about 30,000 short.  But I do have, what I think, are some pretty good chapters and I’m going to keep working on it.  Just because we flipped the calendar to December doesn’t mean the novel writing has to stop, right?
Maybe trying to do both NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo was a crazy, unrealistic goal.  Maybe other people were able to do it.  I couldn’t.  There were so many other things to tackle this November and some days writing just fell off the list of priorities.  Granted, I probably should’ve put writing before naps…but you know how I love my naps. 
Am I disappointed because I didn’t meet my goal?  Nah.  For me, the victory – the satisfaction – comes from attempting it in the first place. 
I can always try again next year.  Besides, November will be here again before we know it. 

2 comments:

  1. You wrote 20,000 words for your novel this month? That's really impressive! I mean, seriously -- impressive! Congratulations!

    And anyway, *nothing* takes priority over naps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Denise! I didn't finish either. Never could get my head around my character, AND never could find the time. Fifteen blog posts, especially as well-written as yours is pretty good for November. I absolutely hope you keep working on your novel. Remember, you are allowed to outline for NaNoWriMo, just no writing. You may get more written if you start November with an outline in 2012. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete