Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Come On Baby, Light My Lamp

When I moved into my apartment, my aunt and uncle gave me a pair of lamps that they were no longer using.  The base is filled with shells so they’re perfect for anyone with a beach décor or for anyone who loves seashells. 

My apartment didn’t have a theme – unless you consider futon chic a theme – so I didn’t really care what the lamps looked like.  As long as I had adequate light so I could study late into the night, I was happy.  I’m just kidding.  I never studied late into the night.  That’s library school for ya.  But I did enjoy the light.
The lamps came with me to my new house where my intended decorating scheme was a beachy, coastal, Riding Giants kinda look.  I didn’t really achieve that vision but that’s another story.  Anyway, the seashell lamps were relegated to my basement utility room waiting for a trip to the Goodwill donation station because I’m giver like that. 

Now I’m in the process of fixing up my basement den aka GIRL CAVE (what?  you just thought they were for men?!) and I got an idea – redo the lamps for my den! 
So, here’s the pair – the left is the original and the right is its twin after a facelift!

Hey you!  Yes, you!  Don't you dare look under
that lamp shade!  Have a little respect for the lamp!


Now I just need to find a new lampshade!

2 comments: