Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby Got Back and a Cob Too

On Thursday night, my mom and I found ourselves in Asbury Park, New Jersey.  Why?  Well, that comes tomorrow.  Anyway, we needed to eat dinner and the guy working at our hotel recommended that we try Langosta Lounge, a restaurant on the boardwalk.  The menu urges diners to “experience the world via creative cuisine and inventive libations” and each menu item is inspired from vacations around the world, from India to Nicaragua to Avon by the Sea.  Perfect place for a Food Friday, don’t you think?  Even if it was a Thursday!
My choices were rather tame but, for me, the experience was more about choosing dishes that had bigger and bolder flavors than I would normally eat.   
Before my main course, I ordered Pop’s Cuban Grilled Corn.  It was grilled corn on the cob that was rolled in lime mayonnaise and cotija cheese.  There was a little kick to it but it was absolutely scrumptious. 
For my main course, I ordered Labrador Asian Barbecue Baby Back Ribs.  I’ve had baby-back ribs before but I’ve never had them smothered in a delicious Asian hoisin barbeque sauce.  They were delightfully tasty and yummy!  But I was sure glad that they gave me one of those little handi-wipes to clean my hands with!  The entrée also came with sweet potato fries and since I’ve been on a sweet potato fry kick lately, I thought they were the perfect side dish because, quite frankly, you can never go wrong with sweet potato fries!
While it wasn’t one of the most “out there” Food Fridays; it was definitely one of the more spicy and tangy ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment