Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Prime


Did you know that “13” is a happy prime number?  You can go ask your favorite math teacher what that really means in mathematical-speak because I actually don’t understand it.  I just like that term and it’s how I’m choosing to look at 2013 – as a happy prime. 
2012 was a blah year for me.  I felt very much like Caroline Manzo from the Real Housewives of New Jersey who said that she didn’t like the person she was last season.  To be perfectly frank, I didn’t like who I was last season year either.   

Lucky for me, this first day of a new year provides me the opportunity to examine who I am.  Reassess my choices.  Redefine my path.  Reset my life.   
Who do I want to be?
 
What do I want from life?

What value do I bring to the world? 
You know – all those questions that everyone else is asking themselves today.  Unless they’re perfectly well-adjusted.  Or have a good therapist. 
I’m moving into 2013 with two tenets of thought – life is short and life is what you make of it. 
And sometimes life needs a white board.

Tomorrow – how I’m applying the happy prime of 13 to my life. 
-------

My mom and I started a joint blog – Our Feed Bag – about our adventures eating out.  The menu’s still a little up in the air but we’re hoping you’ll join us!  We might even tell you about all the times we snuck out to go to Bonanza!

No comments:

Post a Comment